Invitation – InnoTrans 2016 – ERTMS Dialog Forum
"Managing the long term technical evolution and continued deployment of ERTMS"
InnoTrans Dialog Forum event
Thursday 22 September 2016, 10:00 to 12:00
Palais Am Funkturm, Messe Berlin
Session organised by UNIFE
The European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS) is without a doubt becoming the reference for railway signalling, in Europe and worldwide.
Following the entry into force in July 2016 of the new version of the ETCS and GSM-R specifications (the two main components of ERTMS), the sector has now agreed to a period of stability.
In parallel, the European Union Agency for Railways has delivered an ERTMS “long term strategic plan” identifying the future “game changers” for ERTMS. ETCS Level 3, Automatic Train Operation (ATO) for mainline, the Next Generation Communications as well as Satellite positioning are themes that have been clearly identified, by Railway operators and Infrastructure Managers, as key priorities to be addressed jointly by the rail sector in the coming years.
In an ever growing market, it is now therefore essential to use this period of stability to start preparing, in a coordinated approach, the necessary evolution of ERTMS.
The session is open to the public.
Session and panel discussion moderated by Chris Jackson, Editor in Chief, Railway Gazette
- Introduction – Michel Van Liefferinge, UNISIG General Manager
- Automatic Train Operation (ATO) – the Czech case: Jan Plomer, Deputy Director Rolling Stock, Czech Railways (Czech Republic)
- ETCS Level 3: the point of view from an Infrastructure Manager: Nazzareno Filippini, RFI (Italy)
- Evolution of Telecommunication systems: the suppliers’ strategy: Michael Mikulandra, Head of Next Generation team, Kapsch (Austria)
- The role of Satellite positioning in rail: Fiammetta Diani, Deputy Head of Market Development Department, European GNSS Agency
For further information, please contact Léa Paties, Project Manager ERTMS, UNIFE
For further information about the UNIFE programme at InnoTrans, please visit: http://www.unife.org/events/unife-events/48-innotrans-2016.html
Follow us on Twitter: @ERTMS